Hello Beautiful People! This is a video of me styling my yarn braids (faux locs) Before the wrap around method came about this hairstyle was considered the initial replica of locs. Both styles are absolute Great! I love this Look! I actually almost feel like I’ve been growing this hair out of my scalp for years! lol.
Before you get into the video hair are few tips!
– I wrapped my hair around two nikes boxes in a size 6.5. There are six strands per braid.These braids are about 20 inches long. I suggest you wrap until each roll of yarn is done then begin braiding.
-Make sure your hair is washed conditioned and moisturized! I used Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner and 100% Virgin Cocoanut Oil.
-Make sure you have something to keep yourself occupied (music,movies,company etc.) because this hairstyle takes a long long loooonnng time to execute. It took me about two days to do this style with the help of my sister kadia (who actually appears in the video!).
– Because this hairstyle is made of yarn it has a tendancy to dry your hair out. I wouldn’t recommend you leave this style in for more than a month and a half. Make sure you mositurizze your hair often with hair oil. It helps tp out your hair oil in a spray bottle to get the oil around your scalp evenly.
– Be prepared to fall in love! Because I sure did!
Here’s a simple picture collage of one of the styles in the video.
The Steps are pretty simple:
1. Section off some hair in the middle of your face.
2. Gather the hair in do a 3 part (traditional) braid.
3. Take the braid you just completed, place your hand on the front of the braid and bring it to the back of your head with the other.
4 & 5. Grab the remaining braided strands from each side and use them to tie a knot in the back of your head. You’ll have to tie a regular knot about to times for security.
6. BE CUTE! 🙂
I hope you like it! Please check out My Youtube channel for more videos. There’s alot in store for you all! I have two other videos that show my styling my braided hairstyles. My YouTube is SoulQueenWu! Never hesitate to give me any feedback, comments, questions and suggestions are always helpful! God Bless you. Thanks for visiting!
All Love- SoulQueenWu